The Zumbro Watershed Partnership (ZWP) is a member-based, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping residents “Clean, Protect and Enjoy” the lakes, rivers, and wetlands in the Zumbro River Watershed. Through grants, membership dues, and donations, ZWP:
- Educates the public about how they can take care of water resources by making better choices at home and work;
- Demonstrates how to slow the flow of water and prevent pollution;
- Implements on-the-ground projects to protect our water;
- Stimulates data sharing and project coordination in the watershed; and
- Inspires residents to clean and protect our area lakes and rivers.
The ZWP formed in 2005 with the mission to Promote the Protection and Improvement of the Zumbro River Watershed. Our partnership includes local citizens, private and nonprofit organizations, federal and state resources agencies, and county conservation districts who work together to restore water quality, wildlife habitat, and the economic and recreational values of the watershed.